Saturday, May 29, 2010

Soap Box Session 4. INCOMPETENCE.....run amok!!!!!!!!

Greetings friends, I'm gonna get right to it. I'm pissed. You know I can't remember seeing this level of incompetence in government ever before in my life time. I just can't believe it. First, are we really having conversations with China about our approach to immigration, specifically illegal immigration? Oh, I get it, because they are the poster nation on human rights. Because people who try to sneak into China are welcomed with open arms right? Because were looking at probably the most famous nation in history for building a wall right? I hear it was a great wall(pun intended)and yes I know my history and why they built it but the concept is the same. China built a wall to keep something that they viewed to be bad for them out. Wow, what a concept. But we are apologizing to them, on behalf of Arizona, and for the life of me I cannot figure out why. PLEASE, if you know, enlighten me, I'm ready to hear it. I'm a sponge people.

Next, lets just move right to the Arizona law. Call me a broken record but it's time to let this go. Arizona is not going to change their law. Now Kanye West is boycotting them. Correction, he's just kind of boycotting them because he won't perform there, but he's still going to sell his wares. Follow the money. I could actually respect just one person or state that had the courage of their conviction and actually went the whole nine as far as boycotting Arizona. I wouldn't agree with them, but I could respect it. Everyone who is boycotting Arizona has a "but", Seattle did the partial because of the stop light cameras that they are under contract with AZ. Follow the money. Los Angeles, same story, partial because they get twenty five percent of their power from AZ. Follow the money. Wow. I have yet to hear any prominent person in government or otherwise answer yes when asked if they have read the law. I have a theory on that, tell me if you agree. They can't read it folks, because if they do, it almost forces the huffing and puffing to a slight wheeze. Pass judgement based on the least information possible. That's the strategy. They had to pass health care without reading it. The majority of America read that and didn't want it. Common sense dictates that we know what we are talking about before we talk about it. This administration dictates with very little common sense. And the irony of some things that have happened recently. Washington state, Jose Madrigal caught and arrested for raping a woman outside a grocery store. Deported nine times prior. Yes, nine times. Beyond the pale. He will get convicted of rape, serve his time, and guess what? I.C.E. deports him again. By the way, this is far from his first offense. We have an extreme problem and I for one cannot be polite about it anymore. It demands an extreme solution.

The oil spill. This breaks my heart, truly. I'm probably going to get some push back on some commentary here but that's okay, it's what the blog is all about. I have to defend The President in a way here folks. He is The President of the United States, the entire country, not just Louisiana. I don't want people to make the same mistake with him that they did with President Bush. He has no clue what to do about this mess anymore than you or I do. I think it is easy to backseat quarter back when we have the luxury of not having to do anything about it or make tough decisions in reference to it. This type of disaster is brand new to everyone so at least try to reign in judgement for now. If I haven't earned some reasonable points by now, I guess it will never happen. Here is my unreasonable side. Mr President, when the governor of Louisiana asks to build berms to protect the backwater areas you don't answer with maybe, because you want to send a commission down to study the environmental impact of building berms. Are you kidding me? You answer with "Bobby, do what you have to do". Then you hold a press conference with Bobby, and you, for the love of God, say it again. You let him do what he needs to do. This is how it appears to me. It appears like you need this disaster to be as bad as it can possibly be. It seems like the political capital that you see down the road as far as doing away with offshore drilling might be a priority here. I sincerely hope I'm wrong. I just have this sneaking feeling though, and I'm not a conspiracy theorist, that there is a scientist, deep down in the basement at NASA, who knows exactly how to stop this thing. The reason I think this, and folks this is an original thought, is because so much of NASA's simulation of ANYTHING that can go wrong in space is done under water. I'm just afraid that this scientist, who is losing his or her mind having to hold on to this solution can only be holding on to it for one reason. Government bureaucracy. It may require technology that is classified and not known to the public. I hope I'm wrong because I think we are past not stopping this because of what someone else might find out. Pull out all the stops Mr President. Please. That's Charlies Angle. Whats yours.

On a lighter note. Movie of the week, Robin Hood. I had low expectations for this movie and was delightfully suprised. Good movie. It is a long movie because there is alot of information that you need to have for it all to tie together and make sense. A bang up job of making all of that information interesting and when it gets to the meat of the movie, even better. No new Brian Adams songs to pine away to, but a great movie that I believe follows the legend more closely. Highly recommend.

No comments:

Post a Comment